Just a place to offer my free crochet patterns. Enjoy!
Hogwarts Scarves Pattern
Harry Potter is such a pop culture phenomenon that we all want something to display our enthusiasm. With this oversided scarf pattern, you can join your favorite Hogwarts house. Don't know which house you belong to? Get sorted and find out.
- Finished size: 70" long x 11" wide
- Skill level: Easy
- Crochet hook size G6 (4mm)
- Yarn needle
- Main Color (MC) – 510 yards
- Contrasting Color (CC) – 152 yards
Colors used in example photos
- Slytherin (house colors green/silver)
- Red Heart with Love Evergreen (MC)
- Red Heart with Love Pewter (CC)
- Hufflepuff (house colors yellow/black)
- Red Heart with Love Daffodil (MC)
- Red Heart with Love Black (CC)
- Gryffindor (house colors scarlet/gold)
- Caron One Pound Claret (MC)
- Caron One Pound Sunflower (CC)
- Ravenclaw (house colors blue/bronze – books, blue/silver – movies)
- Red Heart Super Saver Royal (MC)
- Red Heart Super Saver Gold (CC)
Find the best color combination in your favorite yarn.
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
ROW 1: With MC, chain 40, sc in back loop (**see page 4) of 3rd chain from hook, *dc in next chain, sc in next chain, repeat from * 18 times (37 stitches + beginning ch)
ROW 2: Turn, chain 2 (counts as first dc now and throughout), *sc in next dc, dc in next sc, repeat from * 18 timesk sc in 2nd chain of beginning ch 2 (38 stitches)
ROWS 3-12: Repeat Row 2, tie off MC
ROW 13: Turn, join CC in last stitch worked, ch 2, *sc in next dc, dc in next sc repeat from * 18 times, sc in second chain of beginning ch 2 (38 stitches)
ROWS 14-18: repeat Row 2, tie off CC
ROW 19: Turn, join MC in last last stitch worked, ch 2, *sc in next dc, dc in next sc, repeat from * 18 times, sc in 2nd chain of beginning ch 2 (38 stitches)
ROWS 20-30: Repeat row 2, tie off MC
Repeat Rows 13-30 12 times, or until scarf is desired length.
FiNISHING: Fringe / Tassels are optional.
ALTERATIONS: Make the scarf longer or shorter by doing more or fewer repeats. To make the scarf wider (or narrower), adjust the starting chain by multiples of 2 (ex: chain 32 to make it narrower).